Terms and conditions
CHAGOHAN TOKYO COOKING CLASS USER POLICY
Be sure to read this User Policy before applying for the cooking class or sake tasting, tea ceremony class.
- Application Requirements
- You must be 16 years old to make a reservation. If you are younger than 16, please have a guardian book for you and accompany them to the class.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Minors must be supervised at all times.
- We reserve the right to restrict certain courses or events to certain target audiences.
- Please understand that unless you have booked a private class, you may be teamed up with other participants for portions or all of the class.
- Attending the Classes
(1) Precautions When Using the Facilities
- Children cannot be brought to class unless they can be sufficiently supervised by a guardian.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Please note that we do not have a parking space. If coming by car, please make use of any of the nearby paid parking facilities.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of your belongings, including any valuables you bring to the class. We cannot be held responsible for any incidents of loss, damage, or theft.
- CHAGOHAN TOKYO is a fully nonsmoking environment
(2) Precautions for Customers and During the Classes
- Only the persons who sign up for the class can attend them, meaning we do not make allowances for free lesson observations. The right to attend classes cannot be transferred to a different person without our explicit permission.
- Please be in the classroom 10 minutes before starting time. Let us know if you will be late. You may be unable to participate in the class if you are more than 30 minutes late.
- Alcohol cannot be served to those under legal drinking age, or those who will be driving. We reserve the right to decline to serve alcohol based on our discretion of the situation.
- Please wear an apron during class, and be sure to remove it when going to the restroom.
- If you have longer hair, be sure to tie it back.
- Remove any personal effects such as rings, watches, bracelets, etc.
- Be sure to wear provided gloves for sanitary reasons if you have longer or manicured nails, or cuts or injuries on your hands.
- Those attending the class are free to take pictures as long as it doesn’t interfere with the class. Video recording without explicit permission is not permitted.
- For sanitary reasons, food prepared in the class cannot be taken out.
- Only those who have participated in and paid for the class may partake of the prepared meals.
- Please refrain from talking on your cell phone in the classroom.
- Customers are prohibited from bringing in their own food or beverages to the class. We do make some exceptions, so please see our FAQ page for more details.
- Customers are prohibited from soliciting other customers to join a certain business, religion, organization, etc.
- Those who are not able to abide by this User Policy, cause trouble for others, or remarkably hinder progress of the class will be asked to leave.
- Please be aware that those attending the Japanese cooking class may be interviewed or filmed by media, and advance notice may not always be possible.
- Any photography or filming will be conducted in a way that doesn’t hinder course training. If for any reason you do not want to be photographed or filmed, please inform us in advance. Please be aware that our company may post these photos, video, articles, etc. on our website, in addition to other forms of media.
- Liability clause
- The class may be immediately canceled in the event of force majeure or other unforeseeable emergencies.
- Course Details
- Classes are conducted in English. We may at our discretion choose to teach in other languages depending on the situation.
- If it will be difficult to obtain a certain ingredient due to factors such as inclement weather in the producing region or changes in availability, we may at our discretion choose to use substitute ingredients or change the course without advance notice.
- If you are diagnosed with an infectious disease or have a similar condition, we ask that you please cancel your class regardless of the severity of your condition. If you notice symptoms of such a disease, please promptly let a CHAGOHAN TOKYO staff member know. *Infectious diseases include measles, chicken pox, mumps, influenza, swimming pool fever, etc.
- The following hospital will be used in the event of an emergency at the store location (for staff, customers, etc.). A different hospital will be used if it is closed or if house calls are not possible.
Address Nishi-Asakusa 2-14-3 Taito-ward, TOKYO 111-0035
- Those With Food Allergies
- We will do our utmost to accommodate any requests for dietary restrictions, and ask that you be as specific as possible when detailing your situation. We are experienced in handling requests for vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and halal and kosher friendly classes.
Please contact us in advance about any food allergies. Depending on the food allergy, please understand that we may be unable to find appropriate substitutions and may not be able to accommodate you.
We cannot be held liable for any repercussions resulting from food consumed in class. We will do our best to accommodate all requests within the scope of our ability, but please understand that the ultimate responsibility will rest with you.
- Handling of Recipes
- Customers are prohibited from copying or reproducing recipes used in the classroom on their website, blog, SNS, etc without explicit permission from Chagohan Tokyo. If this information is reproduced it will be in violation of copyright laws.
- Cancellation policy
- We are fully aware that unexpected inconveniences can arise last minute.
If you let us know at least 2 weeks in advance in Japanese time, your application will be canceled without any charge.
- If you have to cancel the classes, the class will be 50% charged (13 to 7 days prior to the class) or the class is 100% nonrefundable (After that of any date).
- Cancellation accepted only by e-mail or phone during business hour (Mon-Sat 9:30 a.m.～6:30 p.m.) . Your booking will be canceled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- Unfortunately, failure to arrive at our shop will be treated as a No-Show and no refund will be given. Including in case that if you got the date mixed up…
- If you cancel due to snowfall, train delays, or other reasons unless we notify you of a change in class date or cancellation, the cancellation will be at your own convenience. Please understand this in advance.
- We anticipate that there will be severe disruptions in public transportation if the bad weather… If you miss your flight or train due to delays in public transportation such as trains and buses, you may be charged a cancellation fee, so please arrive at the meeting place (airport, train station, etc.) well in advance.
Concerning cancellation or change dates of the cooking classes from us.
- Except in the case of a sudden illness of the instructor or other unavoidable circumstances, we will notify you by e-mail or phone at least one day before the class, in principle, if the cooking classes is cancelled due to natural disasters such as typhoons, earthquake, heavy snowfall, etc.transportation disruptions or delays caused by such disasters, or other circumstances beyond our control. In the event of an infrastructure malfunction due to a disaster such as the above, please check our website for any notification from us or any notice on our website. In this case, we will refund the participation fee in full.
- Please note that in the unlikely event that you come to our shop or meeting place despite our decision to cancel the class, we will not compensate you for any transportation costs , accomodation incurred due to any access.
- In the event that the public transportation to the departure point is cancelled or suspended due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, heavy snowfall, typhoons, etc., and the passenger is unable to arrive at the departure point before the meeting time, no cancellation fee will be charged, provided that the Company has confirmed the fact of such cancellation.
- Please be advised that cooking classes using airplanes or trains may be cancelled or rescheduled on the day depending on the transportation status.
- Cooking classes that use airplanes or trains, taxi may be cancelled at short notice due to the situation.
- If the cooking classes is cancelled, the class fee will be refunded at a later date.
- If the tour is cancelled due to the customer’s decision not to assemble, the prescribed cancellation fee will be charged.
Change of Class Dates and Times
Except in the case of a sudden illness of the instructor or other unavoidable circumstances, if we need to change the date or time of the class, the person in charge will contact you by e-mail or phone at least a business days before the class as a rule. At that time, we will confirm your participation or non-participation, and if you are unable to attend, we will refund your participation fee in full.
In most cases, we will refund the registration fee to the credit card used for payment, or to the account specified by you if you applied by bank transfer. Please note that we cannot guarantee the date of receipt of the refund due to the convenience of financial institutions, but the class fee will be refunded at a later date, approximately 7 days.
- Handling of Personal Information
The following explains how your personal information will be handled by attending our CHAGOHAN TOKYO cooking classes.
* Handling of personal information by our company
- Let your store know if there are any changes to the information you provided (name, address, contact information, etc.). If you do not contact us when your information changes, we cannot take any responsibility if we are unable to contact you about CHAGOHAN TOKYO announcements that may have an effect on service to you.
- We cannot give you the names or contact information of other customers in the Japanese cooking class or Japanese-style cafe class.
- It is fine for customers to exchange contact details, but Chagohan Tokyo cannot be held responsible for any repercussions.
- We may send our customers pamphlets and other details on when the Japanese cooking classes and Japanese-style cafe classes will be held. Please let us know if you would not like to receive them.
- Changes to the User Policy
This User Policy may be changed as needed. Any changes that are made will be promptly updated on the CHAGOHAN TOKYO website. https://chagohan.tokyo
Established: August 1, 2015
Last update : September 30, 2022